Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Listening

I’m a very good listener. But I am also an avid reader/tv show viewer/movie watcher. Have been my whole life. With that in mind, just know, that when I’m talking to you, there are certain phrases or words that have been embedded in my psyche that when I hear them, I inevitably play the song, or scene/quote over in my head.

Now I promise that I’m listening and absorbing everything you say to me, and I can’t help it. Here are a few key phrases that set off scenes or musical numbers in my head:










If the thing going through my head is a quote, I will more than likely say part of the quote to you, as it pertains and fits into the conversation. Sadly, people don’t generally ‘get it’.









Now for those of you who are heathens and don’t know what scenes I was referring to, here is a list (in order). I highly suggest you check these things out, because clearly your life is lacking stimulation.

1. An American Tale
2. Repo! The Genetic Opera
3. Monster’s Inc.
4. The Big Bang Theory
5. Supernatural, “My Bloody Valentine”

No comments:

Post a Comment